Yodiz has default set of status for each item type.
User Story Status
- New -- It's in the initial state and nobody has started working on it yet.
- In Progress -- Assignee of user story has started working on it
- Completed -- Implementation of user story is completed.
- Accepted -- User story has been formally accepted by product owner.
- Pending -- For some reason, user story can't progress further. It's best practice to add comment with reason when status is marked as pending.
- In Evaluation -- Product owner or development team is evaluating the user story. It may be due to technical or business reasons. Marking of this status means that, this user story for time being can't be implemented.
- Rejected -- For some reason this user story can't be implemented, or not relevant any more or could be any reason.
- Blocked -- User story is blocked by some other task or reason. It indicates that, development team can't progress further until the blocking reason is resolved.
- In Verification -- User story is implemented and going through QA verification cycles.
Burn down impact: If user story is in "Completed or Accepted" status the burn down will show the points as burned.
- New -- The issue is reported and no one has started working on it. At this stage, issue could be assigned to any team member
- In Progress -- Assignee of the issue (responsible of issue) has started working on it.
- Resolved -- The issue is resolved and issue responsible person (assignee) may put the "Resolved reason" in comments.
- Closed -- Issue is verified and closed
- Ignored -- Issue is not relevant and is ignored, assignee of issue may comment the ignored reason.
- Duplicate -- Issue is marked as duplicate of another issue. When marking as duplicate, you can set the other issue ID as duplicate issue ID.
- Reopened -- Issue might have been resolved earlier, but if it appears again, or QA couldn't verify it, then it can be set to "Re-opened" state
- Blocked -- Issue is blocked for some reason or there is dependency on other item.
- In Evaluation -- Issue requires further evaluation before it can be resolved.
- No Reproducible -- Issue is not reproducible, developer or QA is unable to produce the issue again based on defined steps in issue description.
- Enhancement -- It is not an issue but a change in implementation or design.
- Rejected -- Not an issue or not relevant.
- New -- No one has started working on it.
- In Progress -- Task responsible person (assignee) has started working on it
- Done -- Task is implemented (completed).
- New -- No one has started working on it.
- In Development -- Being implemented by team, it may mean that, user stories associated to Epic have been planned and team is working on them.
- Implemented -- Epic is completed and status can be marked as Implemented.
- Planning -- Sprint contents are being defined and sprint is planned for future date.
- Active -- Sprint is active and team is working on it.
- Accepted -- Sprint date has ended, review is done and user stories has been updated.
- Closed -- If some user stories and issues were left open, decision has been taken whether to move them to backlog, new sprint or left it in current sprint and no further action is needed on the sprint, thus it can be marked as Closed
- Planning -- Contents are being defined for release and it will start in some future date.
- Active -- Release is being worked by team and start date of release has passed
- Accepted -- Release work is completed and end date has passed
Rename default Status
It is possible to rename all the above default status. To rename status, please follow these steps
- Go to Administration from top right corner settings icon
- Click on option "Configuration"
- Click on option "Manage Status Labels"
- Select the tab you want to rename status, for example, "Issue"
- Click on the small icon in front of each status name like "New", enter new text and click on tick sign to save it.
- You can also change the default color of the widget by clicking on the color rectangle and select the color you want. It will only be applied to "Default Board layout", at your boards, if you have selected "Custom Board Layout" then those colors will be used. More information about Board layout Editor .
- Please note that, rename status lable is change at organization level, so once you rename status then it will be applied to all the projects.