Skip to content

General

12 results found

1. Effort log on User Story

Estimated effort + logging effort diretcly in User Stories without the need of Tasks.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are planning to support this feature as default option, for the time being as work around, you can add custom field to user story to keep effort log track if need too.

Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

2. Dependencies

Current dependencies feature is OK, but the real use case for us is for people to look at the sprint and need to know what to do first or what to watch to know when their task is ready to start.

Our suggestion would be to put a blocked indicator on the card (possibly red color) that has a mouseover to tell you what task is blocking it. The top blocker should have a different indicator (maybe same icon in same place, but green instead of red?) so that it is obvious what needs to be done first when you…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are going to link the “Block” status with “Dependency is Block by” features and also will add the different color code for blocked items.

So in a way most of your suggestions are in pipeline and we will make them public once they are ready in our upcoming releases.

Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

3. Connect epic to release

It would be helpful if I could associate an Epic and all of its' Stories to a Release during planning.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is quick work-around, which is create a “Custom Field” of type “Releases” and then attach the custom field to the “Epics”.
    To filter the “Epics” in releases, you can use “More Filters” and the Custom Field will appear there and you would be able to search the Epics linked to specific release.

In long term, we are evaluating the option again to see what kind of linking we can offer between Epic to Releases.
    We will update this thread next week.

4. Implement custom fields consistently for all boards

In the issue tracker board it is possible to filter by custom fields but the same functionality is missing from the backlog board.

This inconsistency makes it very difficult to adopt custom fields.

Most changes for the product I'm involved in developing, need to be categorised by multiple features - it is very rare that one change will affect one feature.

I originally considered using the default components field, but this only allows you to set one component for each user story or bug.

I've also considered using tags but they become unmanageable, as there is no way to differentiate…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Project Dashboard Reports show Planned Sprints as Active

The problem is that in the dashboard the 'Planning' sprints are shown as well. When I open the Project Dashboard the 'Sprint Scope Change' of a future sprint with status 'Planning' is displayed. I expected that the current sprint is displayed with status 'Active'.
    This also goes for the 'Velocity Graph'. You added the checkbox 'Add Active Sprints' but this checkbox also adds the sprints with status 'Planning' which sometimes messes up the velocity because future sprints maybe don't contain any user stories yet.
    Also the 'Burndown' chart default selects a future sprint while it should select the 'Active' sprint.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, we have forwarded this to our Dev team and hopefully we will fix it soon.

We will update you once hear from our dev team about progress of this issue.

Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

6. Give clarity around what a blocked tasks means

I marked a task as blocked, but on the Sprint board it put it into an In Progress state and the program moved my story into a Completed state (because it's the last task to be completed). This doesn't quite make sense to me. A story shouldn't be completed if it has a task left, even if the task is blocked.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have dependency Tracking (Dependencies) interface to explicitly block the User stories, Tasks etc. if they depend on other items.

We are going to link the Blocked state with dependencies and that’s correct if the user story has some blocked task then it shouldn’t be completed and block the User Story completion like we do on Dependencies logic.

We are planning to update Blocked state logic in our upcoming release.

Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

7. Poll specific branch in github

Currently yodiz tracks all branches which adds to duplicate commit history when merging branches to master.

For example:

IF I commit "@T45:R Completed task number 45"

to a branch - "branchAbc"

It will show up in the history of Task 45...

When I merge "branchAbc" to "master", it shows up again!!

Yodiz should allow me to pick which branch I would like to poll, or poll master only by default.

This can easily be done by parsing the webhook sent by github...

The first line of the json request sent to yodiz contains the line:

{
    "ref": "refs/heads/master"...

Which gives…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed it is a good idea. We have now added to our backlog and hopefully it will be implemented in our next release (March-April).
    Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Assign Epics from dropdown list on product backlog view

It would be fantastic if i on product quick view i could assign epic to a user story from a dropbown box. The same way size of a story can be assigned - there is a dropdown list which allows selecting values from XS to XXXL. However in order to assign epic i need to open each user story, assign epic there and press save. Even with 50 user stories it is lots of work :(

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fold Accepted User Stories on the Scrum Board

Accepted user stories with many tasks take a lot of screen estate. If a story is done and has been accepted it would be nice to "fold" it to one line in the scrum board with the option to "unfold". This would make the scrum board easier to read and not so cluttered.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, we will discuss with our tech team and will update you about the release schedule of this feature.

It does seem that multiple clients are giving feedback about possibility of collapsing completed tasks/user stories, so we have increased priority of this feature.

Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

11. Eclipse Mylyn integration

It would be easier for developers to work with tasks.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Due to some other major priorities, especially migration track to our new interfaces “Yodiz Reloaded” currently available as “Beta”, we couldn’t focus on such features.
    However, we are almost done with the migration track.
    It is our priority to offer Eclipse integration and we hope that We can start work on it during March-2015.
    We are sorry for delay in offering this feature.
    Best Regards,
    Yodiz Support Team

12. Overview of user stories of all projects belonging to a user

As an administrator it would be convenient to know the workload of a user checking all the new and in-progress user stories of all projects assigned to him/her. I could think of an overview page showing all users with a metric ( like a progress bar ) of user stories showing three colors depending of the status ( yellow, blue, green ). Clicking a user it could display an overview of the user showing his/her projects and new and in-progress user stories ( possibly grouped by project )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?